January 22, 2018


I fell down the stairwell in Bayview Houses because the building wasn’t clean and the steps were wet.


Do you mean NYCHA? You would need to file a Notice of Claim within 90 days of the accident... Try to get photos of the stairwell. If the building has had previous complaints of the same hazard, NYCHA could settle the claim before suit. It all depends on the details. Consult with a personal injury lawyer.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers