Will I have my deductible reimbursed?

January 19, 2018


I had a "hit and run" accident while standing on stop sign. I did call police and have police report stating the same. I also have full-collision insurance via Geico. My deductible is $500 while damage is about the same. Will Geico pay for the damage including deductible (not my fault) or I need to go thru lawyer trying to get pain-suffering money (I do have some injuries)?


For a "hit and run" or other uninsured motorist situation, you can file a claim w. MVAIC. They will probably want a sworn statement, the police report, and proof of your damages. If your injuries warrant it, get a lawyer. If you were uninjured, you may decide to file the application yourself. They have a website. Good luck.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers