July 17, 2014


I was 27and went in for a simple surgery and woke up being told by the doctor that he made a mistake and performed a wrong surgery and that I no longer can become pregnant.


No one gives you a dollar amount here simply because every case is unique, and the only person who can estimate that is the lawyer who takes your case. Having said that, infertility at your age resulting from the 'wrong' surgery done could result in a very significant award of damages. Many factors will go into the determination of what an appropriate sum to compensate you would be. If you have a written acknowledgement of error by the doctor, make sure you keep that document. It's golden. It's not often that a doctor admits to malpractice. You need to see a med mal attorney right away. Good luck.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers