June 18, 2018


I’m currently 6 months pregnant with my daughter. Her father has made it very clear that he is unfit to take care of her and would much rather not be in her life. I’ve set up trust funds in her name along with purchased property for her. I would like to have him sign over his parental rights before she is born and he becomes temporarily in charge of the estate on her behalf in the event of my passing.


It's probably not as easy as you would like. A court order may be necessary to terminate his parental rights. Child support obligations are a right of the child - and a parent cannot 'sign away' their responsibilities. You most definitely need to sit down with a Family law specialist to work through the situation you're in.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers