June 26, 2014


the deceased sibling has hired a lawyer to handle brothers' affairs, but lied about no children. What to do?


Yes, the sole child of the deceased is entitled to inherit everything left by their father. The sibling's lawyer needs to be informed that they were lied to about the absence of any children. Call the lawyer. Write to them if you have to. Write to the Surrogate's court in the county in which the deceased last resided (Administration department). Go in person if you have to. Retain a lawyer to help you if you don't want to navigate the system yourself. This is outrageous.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers