August 5, 2019


My father was killed in a cycling accident and while preparing my case I found out I may have a brother and sister. They don’t have my fathers last name will this pose a problem


Non-marital children may be "distributees" of any amount recovered in a wrongful death lawsuit if paternity has been established. These are complex cases with proceedings in both Surrogate's court and Supreme court.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers