If a child dies in ACS care . What type of lawyer would I need!!!!

February 6, 2015


My niece died in the care of acs can some one help me.


You would need a lawyer that handles wrongful death cases. Someone (usually a close relative) is going to have to be appointed representative of the child's estate to bring the action in their name. If the cause of death relates in any way to negligent care or supervision by ACS, the City would have to be named as a defendant. There's a 90 day Notice of Claim requirement as a pre-condition to bringing a lawsuit, so time is of the essence. Don't delay.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers