Can I sue nycha for a injury that I had previously that I re-injured on nycha property

April 2, 2018


I have neck and back pain due a jammed lobby door. I hurt myself all over again by trying to get out the jammed door that has been malfunctioning for months


You can file a claim with NYCHA (this needs to be done within 90 days of the injury-causing event). Take a photo of the jammed door and include it. If it's medically-documented in your records that you were injured in this way, you could have a good case. Without (new) surgery, though, your damages will be limited.

Contact us today if you need help with a similar matter.

Online answers to questions do not create an attorney-client relationship. There is no attorney-client relationship without a signed retainer agreement.

See All Questions & Answers